Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Great Statesmen




"This is a day of national consecration. And I am certain that on this day my fellow Americans expect that on my induction into the Presidency I will address them with a candor and a decision which the present situation of our people impels.

This is preeminently the time to speak the truth, the whole truth, frankly and boldly. Nor need we shrink from honestly facing conditions in our country today. This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. "

Franklin Delano Roosevelt delivers his First Inaugural speech, March 4, 1933.


"I deny I had sex with an under age. She herself denied. This trial is absurd, I’m not worried in the least."

Silvio Berlusconi's speech about Ruby the heartbreaker, February 16, 2011.

2 comments:

Rachel Hayes said...

There are few contemporary examples of exceptional leadership. One recent US trend has been retiring elder legislators who explain their growing disgust with politics. It's not looking good.

Alex said...

Italy became a Republic in 1946. In 65 years there have been 63 different governments. with the results that everybody can see.

However, they won 2 football world cups which deserves to be mentioned.